Dr. Natalia Mercer manages a portfolio of grants related to tumor-stroma interactions and metabolism, protein post-translational modifications, and glycobiology. As a program director, she also helps support and connect cancer biology researchers across disciplines.
Along with her DCB responsibilities, she has also acted as the DCB representative to the trans-NCI Extramural Awareness Group (TEAG) and the NIH GlycoBiology Scientific Interest Group.
Dr. Mercer also helps manage NCI cooperative agreement programs and collaborative supplements:
- Alliance of Glycobiologists for Cancer Research
- Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma Stromal Reprogramming Consortium (PSRC)
- Mechanistic links between diet, lipid metabolism, and tumor growth and progression
- Administrative Supplements to Support Cancer Disparity Collaborative Research
Dr. Mercer studied glycobiology at the Universidad Nacional de La Plata (UNLP), NCI, and at the University of Maryland.
She came to DCB because she wanted to serve the public with her scientific expertise and to continue to foster her love for biochemistry.
- Ph.D., Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata
- Biochemist, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata