Questions to Ask Your Doctor about Your Diagnosis
Here are questions to ask about your brain or spine tumor.
- What is the exact type and grade of my tumor?
- How accurate is my diagnosis?
- Did you perform DNA or genetic testing or will you be? How long will this take?
- What is the location of my tumor?
- What is the size of my tumor?
- Can my tumor spread to other areas of the central nervous system (CNS)?
- Can my tumor spread outside of the CNS?
- What is the success rate for controlling this tumor?
- Will I need more tests before treatment begins? If so, which ones?
- Do you know what caused this tumor?
- Do I need to be concerned about my children’s risk for developing this tumor?
- Will I need a specialist(s) for my treatment? If so, who would you recommend?
We encourage you to print these questions and bring them with you to your appointment.