NCI Drug Dictionary
The NCI Drug Dictionary contains technical definitions and synonyms for drugs/agents used to treat patients with cancer or conditions related to cancer. Each drug entry includes links to check for clinical trials listed in NCI's List of Cancer Clinical Trials.
- beta-thioguanine deoxyriboside
A thiopurine nucleoside derivative with antineoplastic activity. After conversion to the triphosphate, beta-thioguanine deoxyriboside is incorporated into DNA, resulting in inhibition of DNA replication. This agent is cytotoxic against leukemia cell lines and has demonstrated some activity against leukemia cells in vivo. Beta-thioguanine deoxyriboside demonstrates antineoplastic activity against 6-thioguanine-resistant tumor cells. Check for active clinical trials using this agent. (NCI Thesaurus)
- 1,9-dihydro-6H-purine-6-thione, 2-amino-9-(2-deoxy-beta-D-erythro-pentofuranosyl)
- 9H-purine-6-thiol, 2-amino-9-(2-deoxy-beta-D-erythro-pentofuranosyl) monohydrate
- beta-2'-deoxythiol guanosine
- thioguanine 9-.beta-D-2'-deoxyriboside