Brain Tumors—Patient Version
Brain and spinal cord (also known as central nervous system, or CNS) tumors can be benign or malignant. Explore the links on this page to learn more about the many different CNS tumor types and how they are treated. We also have information about brain cancer statistics, research, and clinical trials.
PDQ Treatment Information for Patients
- Adult Central Nervous System Tumors Treatment
- Childhood Glioma (including Astrocytoma)
- Childhood Ependymoma
- Childhood diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG)
- Childhood Atypical Teratoid/Rhabdoid Tumor Treatment
- Childhood Medulloblastoma & Other CNS Embryonal Tumors Treatment
- Childhood Central Nervous System Germ Cell Tumors Treatment
- Childhood Craniopharyngioma Treatment
Causes & Prevention
NCI does not have PDQ evidence-based information about prevention of brain tumors.
NCI does not have PDQ evidence-based information about screening for brain tumors.