Head and Neck Cancer—Patient Version
Head and neck cancers include cancers in the larynx, throat, lips, mouth, nose, and salivary glands. Tobacco use, heavy alcohol use, and infection with human papillomavirus (HPV) increase the risk of head and neck cancers. Explore the links on this page to learn more about the different types of head and neck cancer and how they are treated. We also have information about prevention, screening, research, clinical trials, and more.
The Head and Neck Cancers fact sheet has additional basic information.
PDQ Treatment Information for Patients
- Hypopharyngeal Cancer Treatment
- Laryngeal Cancer Treatment
- Lip and Oral Cavity Cancer Treatment
- Metastatic Squamous Neck Cancer with Occult Primary Treatment
- Nasopharyngeal Cancer Treatment
- Oropharyngeal Cancer Treatment
- Paranasal Sinus and Nasal Cavity Cancer Treatment
- Salivary Gland Cancer Treatment