Skip to main content

Federal Government Programs

Some federal programs help pay the costs of care in clinical trials:


If you have Medicare, you may be reimbursed for some of the costs related to taking part in trials of new ways to diagnose or treat cancer.

For more detailed information:


TRICARE is the Department of Defense’s health care program. If you are covered under TRICARE, you can be reimbursed for the medical costs related to taking part in NCI-sponsored trials for cancer prevention and treatment.

For more detailed information see the Cancer Clinical Trials section of TRICARE's Web site.

Veterans Affairs

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) allows eligible veterans to participate in NCI-sponsored clinical trials at Veteran’s Administration Medical Centers. All phases and types of NCI-sponsored trials are included.

  • Reviewed: