Paclitaxel Albumin-stabilized Nanoparticle Formulation
This page contains brief information about paclitaxel albumin-stabilized nanoparticle formulation and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
Use in Cancer
Paclitaxel albumin-stabilized nanoparticle formulation is approved to be used alone or with other drugs to treat:
- Breast cancer that has relapsed or metastasized (spread to other parts of the body) after treatment with other chemotherapy.
- Non-small cell lung cancer that is locally advanced or has metastasized. It is used with carboplatin as first-line treatment in patients whose disease cannot be treated with surgery or radiation therapy.
- Pancreatic cancer that has metastasized. It is used with gemcitabine hydrochloride as first-line treatment.
Paclitaxel albumin-stabilized nanoparticle formulation is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.
Paclitaxel albumin-stabilized nanoparticle formulation is a form of paclitaxel contained in nanoparticles (very tiny particles of protein). The drug is also called nanoparticle paclitaxel and protein-bound paclitaxel. This form may work better than other forms of paclitaxel and have fewer side effects. For more information about paclitaxel that may apply to paclitaxel albumin-stabilized nanoparticle formulation, see the Drug Information Summary for Paclitaxel.
More About Paclitaxel Albumin-stabilized Nanoparticle Formulation
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary - Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Paclitaxel Albumin-stabilized Nanoparticle Formulation - A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.
Research Results and Related Resources
Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Paclitaxel Albumin-stabilized Nanoparticle Formulation - Check for trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.