Evaluation Framework for the Center for Global Health
To ensure progress, the Center for Global Health (CGH) continuously monitors and evaluates its activities to assess impact and effectiveness in advancing global cancer research and control.
CGH uses an improvement-oriented evaluation framework to enhance the quality of its research and training programs, dissemination activities, strategic priorities, and partnerships. It does this by
- establishing specific indicators for program-specific goals, relevant to CGH goals and values
- monitoring programs, activities, and partnerships for progress toward goals
- measuring effectiveness with strategic quantitative metrics as well as qualitative impacts
- analyzing results to determine how effectively processes worked and how they might be improved in future iterations of the program
- reflexively applying findings to program implementation throughout tracking process
- evaluating outcomes and long-term impacts
- communicating the findings within the larger global cancer research, training, and cancer control community
The CGH Evaluation Model
Evaluation at CGH aligns with the center’s mission, vision, and goals and is guided by the values of impact, collaboration, and equity. CGH is responsible to taxpayers, the US Department of Health and Human Services, US Congress, grantees, and national and international partners for measuring and documenting progress and identifying necessary improvements to advance its mission. We do this by evaluating global cancer research and training activities and disseminating these findings to our community.
How to Connect
For information regarding evaluation at CGH, contact email@example.com.
CGH collaborates with the Office of Evaluation, Performance, and Reporting (OEPR) within the National Institutes of Health’s Division of Program Coordination, Planning, and Strategic Initiatives. CGH uses OEPR’s Strategic plan Tracking And Reporting Tool (START) for monitoring and evaluating progress towards the strategic plan. OEPR also assists in identifying appropriate metrics and linking metrics to data sources.
CGH collaborates with NCI’s Center for Research Strategy, who provide guidance on identifying and developing metrics to monitor and evaluate CGH goal areas.