Trametinib Dimethyl Sulfoxide
This page contains brief information about trametinib dimethyl sulfoxide and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
Use in Cancer
Trametinib dimethyl sulfoxide is approved to be used alone or with dabrafenib to treat patients with:
- Anaplastic thyroid cancer that is locally advanced or has metastasized and cannot be treated with local therapy. It is used with dabrafenib.
- Melanoma. It is used:
- Non-small cell lung cancer that has metastasized. It is used with dabrafenib.
Trametinib dimethyl sulfoxide is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.
More About Trametinib Dimethyl Sulfoxide
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary - Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Trametinib Dimethyl Sulfoxide - A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.
Research Results and Related Resources
Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Trametinib Dimethyl Sulfoxide - Check for trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.