Understanding Chemotherapy is designed to help you start learning about chemotherapy -- what it is, how it can help, how it’s given, and how you might feel. It lists questions to ask your health care provider and provides space to write down the answers.
This pamphlet gives you answers to questions such as:
- What is chemotherapy?
- How can chemotherapy help me?
- How is chemotherapy given?
- How will I feel during treatment?
- When will I get chemotherapy?
- Can you tell me more about clinical trials?
- How can I learn more about the treatment I’ll be receiving?
You make want to take this pamphlet with you to your doctor’s visit. Fill it in together. Then use it to share information about treatment, with your family and friends.
The information in this booklet was last updated in August 2008.