DCB Funding Opportunity and Grants-Related Resources
DCB provides public resources related to funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) and NCI grant policies to cancer researchers. Information and access to these resources is included below.
New Grantee Workshop
DCB offers an annual workshop for new and early-stage investigators to familiarize them with the processes and standards of DCB, NCI and NIH.
The workshop is designed for DCB grantees who have received their first independent NIH grant within the last year. New grantees are identified by the Division, and attendance is by invitation only.
The workshop covers:
- Structure, roles, and inter-relationships of NIH, NCI, and DCB
- Branches within DCB
- NIH peer review process
- Competitive renewal applications
- Sources of supplemental funding
- Grantee responsibilities in managing their awards
- NCI Research Resources
The workshop includes breakout sessions with DCB Program Directors and a seminar from an NCI-funded mid-career cancer researcher.
Questions should be directed to Dr. Joanna Watson.
PDFs of the presentations from the January 2021 Workshop (Posted with permission from each author; please do not use without consent):
- New Grantee Workshop 2021 Agenda
- Introduction to the NIH Grants System and Division of Cancer Biology
- NCI Budget Process
- Communicating with Your NCI Program Director: It's a Two Way Street
- Post-Award Administration
- DCB/NCI Outreach Activities
- NCI Resources for Researchers
- NCI Research Training and Career Development Awards
- CRCHD: Diversity Training and Cancer Health Disparities Research Opportunities
- NIH Review: Life as an Established Investigator and Reviewer
FOA Pre-application Webinar Slides and Recordings
|FOA Title||FOA Number||Webinar Date||Webinar Materials|
Cancer Tissue Engineering Collaborative: Enabling Biomimetic Tissue-Engineered Technologies for Cancer Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)