Gynecologic Cancer Steering Committee
The Gynecologic Cancer Steering Committee (GCSC) was established in 2006. In its monthly meetings, the GCSC addresses the design, prioritization, and evaluation of concepts for phase 2, 2/3, and 3 clinical trials in adult gynecologic cancers. The GCSC also recognizes its role in fostering collaboration between groups and institutions engaged in conducting trials in gynecologic cancers. View the GCSC member roster.
- GCSC Strategic Priorities were formulated with the goal that the majority of submitted concepts would align with these established priorities. They address areas of unmet clinical need, important unanswered clinical questions, and potential new approaches to disease treatment.
- The following task forces have been established to discuss concepts and make recommendations for clinical trial planning meetings in their disease subtypes (View the GCSC Task Force member rosters):
- Cervical Task Force
- Ovarian Task Force
- Uterine Task Force
Clinical Trial Planning Meetings (CTPMs)
CTPMs are held periodically to focus on specific clinical trial-related topics. The following are important, recent GCSC CTPMs:
- Defining and Targeting Molecular Pathways to Direct Personalized Value-added Treatments for Patients with Epithelial Ovarian Cancer
In February 2021, the GCSC convened a CTPM to identify and prioritize novel and existing therapeutics and combinations targeting ovarian cancer subgroups in an effort to advance precision therapy of epithelial ovarian cancer. Read the executive summary and publication on biomarkers for ovarian cancer in JCO Precision Oncology.
- Moving Forward in Cervical Cancer - Enhancing Susceptibility to DNA Repair Inhibition and Damage
The GCSC convened a CTPM in October 2018 to review the biologic understanding of HPV-related cervical cancer and its susceptibility to DNA damage repair modulation to maximize new therapeutic strategies for the treatment of advanced or metastatic cervical cancer. Read the executive summary and full publication in JNCI.
- Designing Targeted Trials for Targeted Endometrial Cancer Populations Using Targeted Agents
The GCSC convened a CTPM in January 2016 with the goal of integration of molecular and/or histologic stratification into endometrial cancer management. Read the executive summary and full publication in Oncotarget, Gynecol Oncol
For more information, contact NCI CCCT Program Director, Wolf Lindwasser, Ph.D., at email@example.com.