Global Health - Cancer Currents Blog
News and expert commentaries about the impact of cancer around the world and efforts to improve global health, including new initiatives and research findings.
- Endometrial Cancer Incidence Rising in the US and Worldwide
Diagnoses of endometrial cancer have increased worldwide in recent years, with rates rising in more than half of the 43 countries studied during the decade ending around 2010, a team of international researchers has shown.
- The Global Economic Burden of Tobacco: An Interview with Dr. Mark Parascandola
NCI’s Dr. Mark Parascandola answers questions about The Economics of Tobacco and Tobacco Control, the latest in a series of monographs on tobacco use and tobacco control, which was co-written with the World Health Organization.
- Symposium Brings Rising Global Cancer Burden into Focus
An NCI Cancer Currents blog post about the NCI Global Cancer Research Symposium, which examined ways of increasing research collaboration, particularly in cancer prevention and screening, to reduce the cancer burden.
- Forging Collaborations to Spur Global Progress against Cancer
NCI and NIH announce efforts to establish international collaborations that can accelerate progress in reducing the global cancer burden.
- Tackling the Global Cancer Burden: A Conversation with NCI’s Dr. Ted Trimble
In honor of World Cancer Day, the director of NCI’s Center for Global Health discusses key opportunities in global cancer research.
- Report Offers Comprehensive Look at Global Smokeless Tobacco Use
The first report of its kind finds that more than 300 million people worldwide use smokeless tobacco products and that they are linked to a number of cancers.