Prognosis - Cancer Currents Blog
- Chromosomal Instability Score May Predict Response to Cancer Treatment
A new study suggests that a chromosomal instability score may help guide treatment choices for patients with cancer.
- Prognosis Discussions Improve Understanding of Illness for Patients with Terminal Cancer
Many patients with advanced, incurable cancer have a poor understanding of their prognosis or life expectancy, a new study shows. Patients who discussed their prognosis with their doctors were more likely to understand the serious nature of their illness.
- Colorectal Cancer Survival Linked to Primary Tumor Location
A blog post on a study showing that in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer, the location in the colon where the tumor originated appears to strongly influence how long patients live.
- Patients with Advanced Cancer May Benefit from Discussing Prognosis with Physicians
Patients with advanced cancer may benefit from having discussions about their prognoses with their physicians.
- Test May Identify Poor Prognosis for Some Patients with Lung Cancer
A panel of three genetic markers may help to identify patients with early-stage lung cancer who have a very strong likelihood of their disease returning after surgery.