NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms
The NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms features 8,208 terms related to cancer and medicine.
We offer a widget that you can add to your website to let users look up cancer-related terms. Get NCI’s Dictionary of Cancer Terms Widget.
- listen (eh-pih-THEE-lee-ul)
- Refers to the cells that line the internal and external surfaces of the body.
- epithelial carcinoma
- listen (eh-pih-THEE-lee-ul KAR-sih-NOH-muh)
- Cancer that begins in the cells that line an organ.
- epithelial ovarian cancer
- listen (eh-pih-THEE-lee-ul oh-VAYR-ee-un KAN-ser)
- Cancer that forms in the tissue covering the ovary (one of a pair of female reproductive glands in which eggs are made). Most ovarian cancers are epithelial ovarian cancers. Fallopian tube cancer and primary peritoneal cancer are similar to epithelial ovarian cancer and are staged and treated the same way. Also called ovarian epithelial cancer.